Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
We’re looking for self-motivated Engineers who are passionate about creating software that is used by millions. Our team solves a variety of unique challenges, from designing complex data structures and algorithms to machine learning and mining big-data. We deploy code daily and use data to drive our decisions, while delivering software and analytics to consumers and dealers around the world.
CarGurus Algorithmic Traffic Acquisition team is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer. Our goal is to bring car shoppers to CarGurus as efficiently as possible. We're central to CarGurus' growth strategy, both in the US and abroad. This is a high impact role with exceptional visibility within the company.
One of our core beliefs is that useful data will lead to the best outcomes. We make decisions based on our data and insights. Each engineer manages their own products and projects. The autonomy in engineering is something we are very proud of and work hard to maintain. There will be great projects that can be both challenging and long term.
What You’ll Do:
- Expand our reach by finding new ways to identify car shoppers.
- Scale our efforts to handle and take advantage of ever-increasing volumes of traffic and data.
- Improve our efficiency by developing algorithms and heuristics that analyze our data and adjust bids via partner APIs to show ads to people based on the likelihood that they'll find CarGurus useful.
- Manage, optimize and bid all our ads requires efficient and scalable architecture that can update and process large amounts of data.
- Build and evolve the engine while we expand to new advertising platforms, new countries, and scale up our targeting to hundreds of millions of keywords.
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of programming experience
- Strong ability to write high quality code and tests
- Knowledge of other SQL flavors and strength with queries and table
- Familiar with Ruby on Rails (not required), AWS, MySQL, REST Interfaces
Our Current Tech Environment: AWS, Python, R, RoR, MySQL, ElasticSearchCarGurus Culture:
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.