Senior Software Development Manager at MineralTree
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2020, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We pride ourselves on our collaborative nature and always put the team above the individual. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line. At this time our team is remote due to Covid. Our plan is to return to our Cambridge office when it is safe to do so.
The Senior Development Manager at MineralTree is passionate about technology, thrives on helping teams solve hard problems and is strongly motivated by seeing how their efforts are impacting the larger picture. This role will challenge the Senior Development Manager to foster strong relationships across technical teams. Constantly working with the Scrum teams to elevate their abilities, challenge their technical assumptions and address inefficiencies to arrive at optimal solutions. MineralTree is in search of people who can meet this challenge. We’re looking for a strong, hands on technical leader who can balance guiding teams towards lofty objectives, while still being able to dive into the code and debate technical details and tradeoffs. If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
- Guide the day-to-day activities of development teams within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Challenge teams to find simple, elegant technical solutions to satisfy business needs
- Active participation providing feedback and guidance in Design and Code Reviews
- Evangelize technology adoption in key areas such as microservices and automation
- 7+ years of hands on technical experience
- 3-5 years of proven technical leadership experience
- Strong hands-on experience leading development teams building multi-tenant, Cloud-based, SaaS solutions.
- Experience with AWS is a must
- Proven track record working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Demonstrable success transforming legacy applications into cloud native, microservice driven solutions
- Proven success working within a matrixed organization and providing strong leadership to multiple technical Scrum teams
- Strong practical understanding of Agile development practices and know how to maximize the inherent benefits
- Experience working with JAVA and Python
- Deep Cloud and microservices experience – EKS or native Kubernetes experience is very beneficial
- Experience working with single page applications such as React or AngularJS
- Familiarity and comfort with Spring and JSF will be helpful
- Payments experience in a FinTech company is a very strong plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
As a MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position and benefits such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.
MineralTree is an equal opportunity employer.