At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere - including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
As a Senior Mobile Software Developer, you will contribute to building a product that impacts millions of users. You will help drive the product direction, making sure we solve the right user problems and find new and innovative ways to delight our customers. You will collaborate with a team of talented developers, product managers, and data scientists to break down complex problems, and experiment with new ideas very quickly. You will also help design and evolve the mobile architecture to enable teams to run experiments and iterate very quickly.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Work on new and innovative products designed to make travel easier to book and stress free
- Collaborate with a team of talented developers to develop innovative solutions to challenging, impactful technical problems
- Quickly prototype new ideas and run experiments to identify features that users love
- Create delightful user experiences in our app (iOS)
- Help evolve our mobile architecture to consistently improve development efficiency
- Influence the technical direction for the team
- Influence the strategic direction of the product
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- 4+ years professional experience in full-stack or mobile development
- Thorough understanding of Swift and the iOS mobile API
- A proven ability to build prototypes and take a data-driven approach to product development, testing and measuring new ideas very quickly
- Passion for technical leadership and mentoring
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)