Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Automation is the key to creating highly reliable large-scale software systems. Are you someone who engineers solutions to problems rather than simply fixing the same thing over and over again?
Smartsheet is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Site Reliability Engineering Team. In this position you will directly impact the reliability and performance of our critical production application; supporting 24/7 delivery to over 70,000 customers worldwide. You will work directly with our development teams to improve application security, availability and performance. We operate our products across both our own data centers, and public cloud providers, such as AWS. Our team owns critical business services like networking and computing infrastructure.
Our business is built on finding top grade talent and empowering them to build and improve our platforms. Our software teams are small, highly efficient, driven by results, and focused on building software that makes an impact. Here is a short video showing Smartsheet overview: Smartsheet Overview Video
This position is based out of Boston, MA
Skills & Tools you will use:
- Kubernetes or Docker Containerization
- Infrastructure as Code
- Terraform definitions for cloud resources
- Puppet or other similar configuration management
- Knowledge of CI/CD best practices.
- Knowledge of cloud computing at scale on AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Proficient with basic internet protocols (eg HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP)
- Source control through Git
- Programming and Scripting languages such as Java, Go, Python, Bash, Ruby
- Linux administration
- Incident investigation and management.
- Strong desire to learn and understand new technologies.
- Highly motivated, critical thinker with a proven ability to troubleshoot and solve problems in a production support environment.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and solve problems both independently and as part of a wider incident team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis.
- BS (+5 years exp.) or MS (+3 years exp.) in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
About Smartsheet: In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.