Senior Site Reliability Engineer
About the role:
Everbridge is looking for a highly skilled member of its SaaS Operations team with functional knowledge in all areas of technology operations and site reliability with particularly emphasis automation in a windows environment. The ideal candidate will fulfill the critical role of ensuring our systems are healthy, monitored, and designed to scale. The successful candidate should have hands-on experience in a web-scale role with emphasis on software-as-a-service. Candidates should also have experience designing, planning, implementing, tuning and operating technology including application servers, virtual machine & container management, large-scale monitoring/trending techniques, micro-service architectures, clustering technology, configuration management and creative scaling techniques.
About the team:
As a Senior member of our Operations team, you will join a team of dedicated, intelligent, fast-paced engineers. You’ll work in a cutting-edge hybrid cloud environment that will power our company’s impressive growth. You will bring a data driven approach to automation, security, scalability, & monitoring/alerting at Everbridge.
- Own operational availability, security, scalability, efficiency, monitoring, instrumentation, and overall service reliability of Everbridge's solutions.
- Collaborate across Agile teams with Architects, Developers, Quality, Data, Security, and other Operations engineers on designing and implementing highly reliable solutions.
- Embrace engineering principles of proactivity, automation, cross-functional collaboration, curiosity, and data-driven decision making.
- Enhance our infrastructure, tooling, and processes to extend operability as a self-service function for other groups within engineering.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule to troubleshoot and resolve production escalations from our 24x7x365 NOC.
- Have fun while we work hard to make a difference.
- Ability to obtain and maintain active DoD Secret security clearance
- Large scale production Windows operating system, application, and security maintenance in an online web facing environment
- Orchestration framework, configuration management, and software-defined infrastructure management techniques (i.e. SaltStack, Terraform, Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Automation experience with PowerShell
- Application virtualization, containerization, and service-oriented-architecture technologies
- Experience supporting & automating systems in a cloud infrastructure – Azure, AWS, GCP
- U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience with data systems and distributed systems
- Network architecture and operations with an emphasis on: application load balancing at local and global scale (F5 BIG-IP LTM/GTM, ELB/Route 53, Azure LB), IPv4 routing and dynamic routing protocols (OSPF, BGP), IPsec VPN, and network security best practices
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure as code tools and concepts (e.g. Terraform/Kubernetes/OpenShift/OpenStack/SaltCloud)
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations across the world, our team of 750+ dedicated employees support more than 4,200 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks, or severe weather conditions—as well as during critical business like IT outages or cyber-attacks—customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate employees and first responders, automate a pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on those response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve:
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 8 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 7 of the top 10 U.S. technology and telecom companies
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 7 of the 10 largest U.S. healthcare systems
- 6 of the 10 largest U.S. retailers
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, apply to be a part of our award-winning team.
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.