Senior Security Engineer at Veeva
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:27 p.m. (EST) on Monday, November 8, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will focus on the evaluation, architecture, development, deployment, and operation of incident response, security monitoring, intrusion prevention, systems hardening, vulnerability, and malware prevention. We frequently work with other teams at Veeva and look externally to partner with unique and innovative security companies.
What You'll Do
- Mentor junior security team members
- Perform incident response; coordinate identification/containment/response, conduct lessons learned to drive process improvement
- Perform regular vulnerability assessment of corporate assets and work with other teams to assess risks of open vulnerabilities and determine priorities for remediation
- Design, build and maintain endpoint security, vulnerability analysis, incident response, AWS configuration monitoring, security event management, and system hardening standards
- Drive improvements in converting threat intelligence to practical uses in security monitoring and proactive threat hunting
- Build complete security solutions by integrating off-the-shelf and custom security tools through APIs and custom code
- Maximize the potential of the Security operations team by leveraging automation and scripting to minimize false positives/enrich security alerts
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in Incident Response, Log Management, Security Event Correlation and SIEM technology
- Humble team-focused expert with a sense of urgency
- Strong communicator with a good sense of empathy
- Skilled at taking complex topics and making them simple
- Experience with Python/Perl or other scripting languages for automation
- Understanding of the TCP/IP Stack, Web-Application Architecture, Encryption fundamentals and OWASP Top 10
- Able to take ownership and set direction in gray areas
Nice to Have
- Experience with AWS security controls.
- Desire to identify and implement automation opportunities
- Able to give training and communicate vulnerabilities to developers/managers
- Experience in web application assessment tools such as Burp Proxy, Metasploit, Nessus, etc.
- Experience with integrating tools with Enterprise solutions such as: AD, LDAP, SSO, Jira
- Able to work independently or with a team
- Able to multi-task and deliver consistently on deadlines
- OSCP certification, CISSP certification
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]