You will be providing voice services for literally millions of game players around the world every day, and operating our software in the cloud, on our own hardware, and in data-centers around the globe. We do this at massive scale, while ensuring our users enjoy a high-quality voice experience. We are looking for a talented, driven, and dedicated engineer. We have a continuous need for innovation to meet the needs of our evolving environment. Join our extremely efficient but growing Ops team to work with an extensive array of technologies at global scale. We provide great work flexibility and you’ll never be bored.
Vivox, part of Unity, is the leading provider of group voice communication for games and beyond. We provide and operate the communication technology for some of the world’s largest games including Fortnite, Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, and Rainbow Six Siege. Our products are used by over 100m people every month in every country on the planet.
- Managing global, large scale, multi-datacenter, production-level applications and infrastructure
- Developing services to automatically detect and reduce service disruption, driving towards fluid elasticity between bare-metal, private cloud and commercial cloud
- Participating in defining Site Reliability policy, process, technology and best practices and driving to instil a culture of Reliability within the teams by advocating for infrastructure improvements and best practices
- Monitoring high-uptime, low-latency services to ensure the best experience for our customers
- Advanced understanding of general infrastructure operation, and ability to drive a team to incident resolution, troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner
- On-call rotation with the rest of the team
- Strong understanding of infrastructure core components: Storage, System (CentOS) and/or Networking
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in devops, site reliability and/or infrastructure engineering in a quickly growing company using technologies such as Kafka, ELK, and Ceph
- Strong development experience, preferably around system deployment, configuration and management using frameworks such as Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Ansible, and Salt
- Demonstrated leadership in aspects of general large-scale distributed services and infrastructure, from network designs to overall system architecture
- Experience with cloud computing environments, ie. Openstack, AWS, GCP and/or Azur
- Ability to exploit reporting tools to increase productivity (InfluxDB, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Grafana etc.)
- Familiarity with running/tuning SQL servers
- Architected and/or deployed large scale orchestration system (i.e. Kubernetes, Foreman)
- Experience working with and building complex, highly available and scalable real-time services
- Customer centric and empathetic approach to support, thrive in making our customers and users successful
- Ability to be a team mentor, lead by example, build trust and solid relationships
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.