Markforged is reinventing manufacturing so you can build anything you imagine. As the fastest-growing additive manufacturing company in the US, Markforged provides the most affordable metal and carbon fiber 3D printers on the market. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged products for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and production parts to optimize their manufacturing operations and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally and $137 million in both strategic and venture capital.
Markforged is looking for an experienced machinist with a strong technical background to support our engineering team with quick-turn parts, custom tooling & equipment and manufacturing expertise. We are looking for a talented, driven individual who knows how to make quality parts fast, and who is excited to expand our capabilities as we grow. In addition to direct machining work, the qualified individual will manage the day-to-day operations of our internal machine shop and provide design feedback at various stages of development.
In this role you will:
- Create custom parts using in-house milling, turning, welding and 3D printing equipment
- Work closely with engineering team to develop prototypes from drawings, written instructions or hand sketches
- Provide internal millwright services to diagnose and repair custom machinery for both prototype and production equipment.
- Support application engineering team with post-processing and inspection operations on customer sample parts
- Work with Engineering team to determine best fabrication and tolerance strategies to reduce cost and fabrication time
- Perform modifications to existing parts or sub-assemblies per engineering mark-ups as needed for prototype development
- Measure and inspect all parts to ensure dimensions are within prescribed tolerances
- Manage shop facilities, inventory and budget for material, tooling, equipment and consumables
- Own preventative maintenance and 5S plans for all shop equipment and facilities
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
What we look for:
- 10 + years of professional experience in a precision machining environment
- High energy, cooperative attitude with a bias towards problem solving and learning
- Expert 3D CAD operator, Solidworks experience preferred. PDM experience a plus
- Expert CAM programmer
- Conversant in Fanuc and Haas controls, as well as prototrak conversational programming
- Strong mechanical assembly and troubleshooting skills, previous machine repair or millwright experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail and quality assurance
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Able to safely lift up to 50 lbs
- OSHA Safety Training a plus
Ability to safely and skillfully operate all the following equipment:
- CNC Mill
- CNC Lathe
- CAD and CAM software packages
- Various other typical machine shop equipment
- Variety of power and hand tools
- TIG welding station (preferred, not required)
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description