Senior Platform Engineer - Services at Thrasio
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:12 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, April 27, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
The Services Platform and Thrasio Management Interface (TMI) team empowers other engineering teams at Thrasio to focus less on boilerplate and infrastructure and more on building business value. We build and support tools and patterns that are considered best practices at Thrasio. We own the Thrasio Management Interface platform, the foundation of user-facing internal tooling at Thrasio. We operate like a product team where our platform is the product we offer to our customers, other engineering teams. Our mission is to provide an easy-to-use and delightful developer experience for our customers to let them focus on building software products.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Engage with other engineering teams to understand their challenges and pain points, and participate in turning that into an actionable roadmap
- Be an evangelist and educator about opportunities to leverage platform functionality to help free up otherwise wasted development time
- Build, maintain and evolve a reference implementation of the platform for others to copy, tweak and build upon
- Create and maintain a high standard for platform "golden path" documentation
- Work with teams to extend the platform with cutting edge or "new to Thrasio" technologies in a way that future teams can then leverage
- Scope out, build, maintain, own and operate services that provide functionality to other services (e.g. notification management, proxies to common 3rd party data sources, etc.)
What you bring to the party:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and 2+ years of experience in Software Engineering, DevOps or similar role
- Strong programming skills in Python or an equivalent language
- Working knowledge of Python frameworks, such as Django, Flask, etc.
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) and designing data models
- Experience in microservice architecture design and best practices
- Experience with CI/CD, observability, automated testing, monitoring and alerting
- You’re either a software engineer who loves DevOps and automating infrastructure or you’re a DevOps expert with some software engineering background
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.