Senior Performance Engineer at CrunchTime!
CrunchTime! Information Systems (www.crunchtime.com) is experiencing record growth and is looking for high-energy professionals who can enhance our organization and contribute to the evolution of our suite of world-class enterprise management products. If you possess the skills and the desire to be part of a team dedicated to industry leadership, we’d like to hear from you.
CrunchTime is seeking a Senior Performance Engineer to join our Performance Team. The Performance Team is a group of highly skilled engineers who design, test, and monitor the full suite of existing and future CrunchTime applications. The Performance Team is responsible for developing methods and tools to measure and improve the performance, stability, and scalability of our products. A strong background in performance testing of infrastructure, databases, and web-based applications is well suited for this position.
- Provide continues monitoring of production environment. Participate in production problem troubleshooting efforts.
- Provide administration of Dynatrace AppMon installations in production and staging environments.
- Responsible for evaluation of new performance monitoring solutions.
- Work with systems and software architects to ensure most optimal hardware and software configuration.
- Profile all aspects of the software and technology stack using diagnostic tools to identify areas causing suboptimal performance, lead root cause analysis and fix efforts to remediate issues.
- Develop and execute performance and load tests. Analyse test results and recommend solutions to performance issues.
- Evaluate, design, and develop automation frameworks.
- Integrate performance and load testing into our continuous integration process.
- Define, own, and report on KPIs for application performance and scalability.
- Communicate performance testing results throughout the organization via static reports and live dashboards.
- Collaborate with DevOps and Engineering across the company to share knowledge, tools, and best practices on performance engineering and scalability topics.
- 5+ years of experience in performance engineering
- Proven ability to design, implement performance tests and analyze results; identify bottlenecks and performance issues.
- Solid understanding of distributed systems architecture.
- Working knowledge of APM tools, such as Dynatrace AppMon. Experience with AppDynamics and/or NewRelic is desired but not required.
- Working knowledge of load test tools, such as JMeter.
- Scripting in bash and Python and/or Perl.
- Knowledge of SQL. Knowledge of PL/SQL is desired but not required.
- Experience of working with Linux (RedHat and CentOS)
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Independent self-starter.
- Ability to research tools, implement prototypes, and deliver solutions quickly.
CrunchTime! employees enjoy a competitive salary, depending on experience, plus access to a progressive benefits program which includes the following:
- Health and dental insurance.
- Vision plan.
- Disability insurance.
- Life and AD&D.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent and medical care.
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- 401K Plan with employer match.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Educational assistance for approved courses.
- Commuter benefits including parking reimbursement.
- Catered lunch every Friday.
- Bagels every Tuesday.
- Frosty Fridays.
- Generous Employee referral bonus.
- Community volunteer program.