Senior Mobile Engineer, New Ventures (Consumer) at Toast (Remote)
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Who We Are
The New Ventures Program is an innovation engine focused on the creation of new capabilities and new businesses at Toast. NV1 is the first team to launch within the New Ventures program, and we are laser-focused on the consumer. We believe that growing a large consumer base can unlock tremendous value for restaurants. To that end, our mission is to digitize the entire dining experience and make it awesome.
NV1 is early in our product journey - much like a seed-stage startup within Toast. And, like a startup, we expect to move fast and learn along the way.
About This Roll* (Responsibilities)
- lead mobile app development efforts at New Ventures
- work closely with the leads to identify high-impact opportunities
- rapidly prototype solutions using a combination of native technologies
- make technical decisions and recommendations that will lay the foundation for the future of our mobile strategy
- opportunity to lead technical team as it grows
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Qualities & Essential skills)
- Significant experience developing in object-oriented languages
- Experience with building and deploying consumer-facing mobile apps in production environments using Swift or Kotlin
- Experience shipping maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing methodologies
- Passionate about making users happy and seeing people use your product in the wild.
- Ability to embrace the agile mindset and understand that sometimes we need to ship features quickly and clean up the code later.
- You are a force multiplier for the team, by prioritizing knowledge sharing and helping others grow
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.