At connectRN, we believe that nurses and nursing professionals are the heart of healthcare. Using our disruptive technology, our community of caregivers design their own work schedules, tap into new career opportunities and connect with a global network of clinicians. Our facility partners rely on us for on-demand access to reliable clinicians and a platform they can trust.
As our Senior Mobile Developer, you will use React Native to build performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for helping architect and build these applications, as well as coordinating with a cross-functional team responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- Design, code and maintain mobile user experiences end-to-end for iOS and Android platforms
- Optimize code for performance, stability and maintainability
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes—React Native moves fast and often breaks things
- Write automated unit tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality
- Work with a cross-functional team of UX Designers, Product Managers and other developers
- Strong experience in building performant mobile apps in iOS or Android
- Proficient in React Native framework knowledge of functional programming
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode and Android Studio
- Good understanding of the process related to publishing the app in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Good understanding of best practices when using REST APIs in a mobile context
- Ability to understand the design and independently work on implementation of software components within the larger platform
- Outstanding collaboration, time management, communication skills as well as ability to work independently
- Some experience developing apps using native programming languages like Swift, Kotlin or Java
- Some full stack experience working with backend programming languages such as Golang.
- 100% Employer-sponsored benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D
- Ability to work from home as needed (We’re currently remote but anticipate this role to be based out of our Waltham HQ post-pandemic)
- Health Savings Account with contributions from connectRN of up to $2,000 annually
- Flexible time off policy
- Free gym on-site
- Free parking
connectRN is an equal opportunity employer. As Connectors, we embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. If this role would make you excited to come to work every day, please apply! We look forward to connecting.