Senior Mechanical Engineer CAD/ FEA
Markforged, located in Watertown, MA, is growing at an exponential rate and we’re looking for a highly-motivated and experienced engineer who thrives in a fast-paced, growth-focused environment. As a key member of the engineering team, you will be responsible for leading mechanical design efforts across a range of projects.
You will be expected to have a firm grasp of every element required for mechanical product development, including concept generation, design (CAD), analysis, prototyping, test/verification, and transition to manufacturing partners. In some cases you will lead junior engineers and consultants to help accelerate the development process.
You must be able to work well in multi-disciplinary teams consisting of mechanical, electrical, software, and systems engineers. Familiarity with electrical engineering and software development principles will be beneficial.
What we look for :
- 5 years hands-on experience designing complex electromechanical products including industrial automation equipment, robots or similar systems
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, (M.S. preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to produce innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Proficiency in 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Ability to quickly identify problems and implement solutions
- Ability to maintain schedule and work within budgetary constraints
- Ability to drive projects to completion
- Strong technical background in a number of the following areas: Machine design and kinematic analysis
- Design for manufacturing (FMEA, DFM and DFT)
- System modeling and control
- Electronics packaging & thermal management
- Electro-mechanical actuators & sensors
- Thermodynamics and fluid dynamics
- Experience with a number of the following tools is a significant asset JIRAMatlab/SimulinkFEA (Ansys, Nastran, etc…)
- Excellent team player; comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic, interdisciplinary team comprising mechanical, electrical and software engineers, as well as designers, product managers and manufacturing & operations personnel.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to create and communicate an accurate schedule
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description