Senior Manufacturing Test Engineering Manager at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
As a Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer, you will be responsible for designing the test processes for all future Toast Hardware. You are able to drive reliable product designs and processes through every phase of the product lifecycle. You can build test stations to ensure every customer has a perfect experience with our hardware, and use the data generated by those stations to drive improvement in all future Toast products.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work with Toast Embedded Software group to specify embedded test access and APIs.
- Collaborate with Electrical Engineering to understand their design intent, then translate this to DFt suggestions and a detailed electrical test plan.
- Understand mechanical assembly process in order to recommend focused verification of high-risk or high-consequence assembly steps.
- Own responsibilities to design/implement multiple factory-test stations from concept through mass production.
- Work with our manufacturing partners to design and fabricate mechanical test fixtures.
- Design and validate PCBs for electrical signal routing and signal conditioning within your test fixtures.
- Provide on-site support during NPI and mass-production builds. (~25% max travel.)
- Architect test stations using generic building blocks that can be re-used in future test stations.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 10+ years' experience producing complex electronic products in high volume. Bonus points for consumer electronics.
- Practical experience performing sensitive analog measurements in a high-volume factory environment. (RF, acoustic, optical, etc.)
- Confirmed ability to write robust, extensible software in a variety of languages on a variety of platforms. (We work mostly in Python and C++ on Windows, Mac and linux.)
- Real-world understanding of statistics/SPC.
- Basic understanding of electrical signal integrity, especially as it applies to passing signals around in a noisy factory environment.
- Working knowledge of functional test and ATE techniques (ICT, BSCAN, AOI, X-ray) for board-level assemblies (PCBAs).
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.