A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
Make a difference... a big difference. You will have the opportunity, in a unique and dynamic culture, to be a part of something incredibly meaningful. We’re a disruptive startup with an inspiring mission. Learn and grow alongside our world-class team of health care and technology leaders, dedicated to building a health plan and clinical services that care for everyone like they were our own family. Our board members have decades of experience in health policy, clinical services, and technology. With their support, we look forward to building a health plan and clinical services that will give seniors easy access to the high-quality care they deserve.
A bit more about this role:
Our Site Reliability Engineers dig into nearly every aspect of technical life at Devoted. You’ll help people understand how and why we make the technical decisions we do, and will help to design and maintain our monitoring, logging, secret storage, deployment, and other technical systems. Our infrastructure is built with Terraform, Puppet, Ubuntu, Docker, Vault, CircleCI, and our software stack is written in Go, Python, React, and TypeScript.
A glimpse of your day:
- Designing and deploying a centralized logging, monitoring, or deploy system using Terraform and Puppet.
- Being trusted to solve acute technical problems as they arise across the organization.
- Mentoring and growing other team members in their abilities to make technical choices and understand their tradeoffs, making sure day-to-day operations run smoothly.
- Collaborating with the software team in designing the systems both teams will support.
- Helping health care experts make judgments and technical trade-offs when choosing the best SaaS products to support our health plan operations,then debugging failed API integrations, data transfers, or SSO.
Attributes to success:
- You’re experienced with AWS or another cloud provider, and have solid Linux fundamentals.
- You’ve deployed moderately complex infrastructure with a configuration management or orchestration system like Puppet, Terraform, or Chef, and have hard won opinions on these tools.
- You can take ownership of a complex project, outlining an overall plan and pulling in expertise and feedback from other teams.
- You’re comfortable that there might not be a “right” answer, know when to make informed compromises and when to accept risk and technical debt, and can guide other team members in doing the same.
- You understand computer and enterprise security principles. It’s a bonus if you’ve configured AWS IAM security roles, implemented a PKI, or deployed an SSH key management system.
Your background Includes:
- Your background includes:Experience building out Kubernetes on EKS infrastructure
- 5+ years in tech and significant experience one of the following: A network or systems administration role, and enjoy automating toil. A DevOps or SRE role. A software engineer role, and at home on a Unix command line. A non-traditional career path that includes substantial experience with the skills above.
Find more tech jobs at Devoted HERE.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.