Senior Full-Stack Engineer, Carbon
Senior Full-Stack Engineer, Carbon
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer on the Carbon team, you will work on building web and mobile applications supporting Indigo’s carbon sequestration effort. Indigo Carbon is mobilizing farmers to sequester carbon through regenerative farming practices, that will generate carbon credits and produce healthier food. Your expertise in full-stack application development will help us create best-in-class consumer facing applications that aid our mission. All farmers, who we enroll and guide through the process of changing their practices, will aid our mission of sustainably feeding the planet.
In this role, you will build applications that help our growers move towards better, more efficient agricultural practices. This is a new team in the engineering organization, so it is a great opportunity to build something from the ground up in the latest tech stack.
As a full-stack engineer at Indigo you’ll:
- Collaborate with product managers, frontend engineers, and data science engineers to spec, build, test and deploy high quality code in the cloud
- Brainstorm features with product managers and domain experts, working to understand our users and deliver value to them while balancing technical and business tradeoffs
- Be responsible for developing new areas of the product, with an eye towards long-term sustainability and following best practices
- Work effectively across the stack, crafting polished features in the UI, implementing the APIs and processes that support them, and working with the data that powers all of it
- Expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and data management.
- You have experience working with a cloud provider such as AWS or GCP.
- You are a strong communicator. You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- You're comfortable collaborating across teams to discuss technical and usability trade-offs.
- You strive to create fast, reliable, testable and documented code that others can understand.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self awareness.
Help Indigo improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health at a global scale.
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is economically desirable and an accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice.
The company is headquartered in Memphis, TN, with additional offices in Boston, MA, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil.
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.