Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast needs impact-driven, front-end-focused engineers passionate about building e-commerce and other self service platforms and technologies. Front-end engineers work closely with other engineering teams, user experience and product managers to construct e-commerce solutions that increase customer satisfaction and drive profitability. You will create not just applications, but the experience and relationship Toast has with our customers ensuring they can order smarter, faster and more efficiently.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, architect and implement the front-end experience for our e-commerce applications in collaboration with product management and designers.
- Follow best practices for testing front-end applications, including unit, integration and end-to-end testing
- Review code to ensure technical implementation meets functional requirements
- Ship code that has a massive impact on the growth of Toast and its customers.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 2-3+ years of FE/React experience
- Ensure quality by focusing on performance and automated tests
- Know how to prioritize technical requirements and design needs
- Growth mindset with an emphasis on learning and self/team-improvement
- Passionate about the restaurant industry
- Enjoy working in a team environment with a shared code-base
Bonus ingredients* (Preferred skills)
- Familiar with GraphQL
- Familiarity with Magento and ecommerce solutions
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.