Senior Frontend Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to continue building and maintaining our flagship SaaS-based platform. Our platform runs on Java, MongoDB and a rich set of open-sourced technology stack. We are expanding the talent pool of front-end development in our scrum teams. We need an engineer to partner with our product owners and scrum teams to streamline the product engineering cycle in areas where front-end development is needed. This is an opportunity for an engineer to make a great influence across teams. The ideal candidate needs to have strong skills and experience on modern open-sourced UI frameworks and will lead user interface development in scrum teams.
About the Team:
Want to work in a flexible, collaborative environment with other like-minded engineers? We hire smart, innovative team-players and are looking for people of the same cut to join us.
Here, you will work in a small team environment with other senior and junior engineers to build our next generation of products.
Learn more about Everbridge and see photos of our office here .
Meet the Engineering and Product team here.
- Work with Product and cross-functional teams to identify opportunities and formulate strategies for incorporating UI development into scrum teams. Partner with senior front-end engineers across other teams.
- Develop new and maintain existing platform solutions. Focus on front-end development, but not limited to, and capable of integrating large-scale applications with backend services.
- Collaborate to evaluate and adopt new technologies for supporting company’s long-term UI architecture roadmap.
- Write quality and maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced environment.
- Scrum team member and software leader who ensures the timely completion of projects with quality.
- As we’re able to scale the team, assist with bringing on other capable engineers.
- 5+ years of frond-end application development experience with 8+ years of overall technical experience.
- 1+ years of experience working with Java
- Collaborative and detail-oriented with strong communication skills.
- Familiar with charting libraries such as Highcharts, Google Charts or D3.js.
- Capable of working with service-oriented / microservice-based paradigms and writing scalable UI applications with unit test coverage.
- Knowledgeable about Java and Spring Framework is a plus.
- Familiar with CI/CD concept and best practices.
- Demonstrate to have basic DevOps skills. Embrace DevOps culture. Experience working in a cloud-based environment is preferred.
- Agile experience is desired.
- BS/BE (or higher) in Computer Science, Math or related engineering fields.
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations across the world, our team of 750+ dedicated employees support more than 4,200 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks, or severe weather conditions—as well as during critical business like IT outages or cyber-attacks—customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate employees and first responders, automate a pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on those response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 8 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 7 of the top 10 U.S. technology and telecom companies
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 7 of the 10 largest U.S. healthcare systems
- 6 of the 10 largest U.S. retailers
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, apply to be a part of our award-winning team.
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.