Senior Engineering Manager at EverQuote
Senior Engineering Manager, Distribution Platforms
EverQuote is seeking an engineering leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong interpersonal and managerial skills. As a leader in the distribution platform engineering team, you will play a key role as we strive to build a platform that builds internal services to facilitate the monetization of consumer information to partners. You will be responsible for leading multiple engineering teams
Who you are:
- A strong team leader and people manager. You are able to lead and inspire engineers ranging from junior to principal level. You understand the challenges that engineers face at all levels of their career and how to help them be successful.
- A believer in building strong engineering teams through diversity. You will recruit and hire top level talent for your team.
- An excellent communicator. You proactively communicate across multi-disciplinary teams while also helping your reports to grow in their communication skills. You will conduct weekly 1:1’s with your reports and form a strong peer group of managers across teams and disciplines.
- A believer in continuous learning and teaching. You will drive our culture of personal growth by creating learning paths with each engineer that help them grow in their career.
- While this is not a hands-on coding role, you must have significant and relevant prior experience in backend development in order to help guide the team’s technical direction and help engineers plan and execute their day to day work.
What you'll need:
- 6+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 4+ years of people management experience, managing or leading engineers
- Ability to disagree, yet align, when dealing with different stakeholders
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- Experience mentoring and training engineers on complex technical issues
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP)
- Experience with Database technologies, RDBMS/NoSQL
- One or more programming languages Java, Go, Python etc.
- Distributed systems and platform infrastructure design and implementation
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But you should know, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. EverQuote is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.