Senior Engineering Manager, Product at Wistia
We’re looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to build, lead, and oversee several of our product engineering teams This person will work closely with product managers, designers, and marketers to create beautiful, informative, compelling, responsive, accessible content that drives our business, puts our core values front and center to the outside world, and builds lasting affinity for the Wistia brand.
We’re a diverse and inclusive group of engineers, product managers and designers, who take pride in being customer-focused, product-centric, and technology-minded, always aiming to deliver the highest-impact work that prioritizes the long-term success of the business and the customer.
You will be directly responsible for:
- Recruiting, hiring, growing, and leading teams.
- Building a beautiful, accessible, intuitive, responsive, and delightful experience for future customers who visit our web site.
- Ensuring that our product successfully onboards new customers.
- Delivering simple, easy-to-use integrations between our product and others that marketers rely on.
- Overseeing frontend and backend development.
You will fit in great on our engineering leadership team if you:
- Are excited to help build a customer-centric product organization.
- Enjoy enabling customers and learning quickly, even when it means making decisions amid uncertainty.
- Appreciate the constraints of running a profitable business, paired with the benefits of a healthy work-life balance.
- Care deeply about fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences can flourish.
- Are sufficiently hands on to fully understand and represent your team’s needs, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Want to be part of a culture that demands openness and transparency, but also rewards it and bends over backward to make it safe and comfortable.
- Are driven and goal-oriented, but not obsessed with quantifying all of your achievements.
- Think in tradeoffs, and work to understand the downsides of decisions you make before you make them.
- Love to have fun at work, and understand that strong team and business performance are what make that possible.
We’re looking for a history of:
- Excellence in hiring and managing teams.
- High product output relative to the size of the teams you’ve been a part of.
- Debating questions on their merits, and express opposing viewpoints in ways that their advocates agree with.
- Understanding and empathy for the needs of engineers, the needs of customers, and the needs of the business. You are not an advocate for one of these; you are an advocate for all of them and must exercise judgment accordingly.
- Improving your team’s diversity and inclusivity, independent of whether you have formally been in a position to make hiring decisions.
We try to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We care a lot, so our benefits are actually benefits, not just the fun stuff like swag and snacks in the office (though we also have lots of those too!).
We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A great compensation package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you contribute
- Profit Sharing!
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
We have a beautiful office in Cambridge, MA, but we’re all working remotely (all 100+ of us) right now. Permanently remote applicants will be considered, but we’ll give priority to local applicants, those willing to relocate, and those within 3 hours of EST.