Senior Engineering Manager- Notifications & Adjustments at Grubhub
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms, and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Adjustments and Notifications team at Grubhub owns a family of services facilitating critical post-checkout experiences for diners, restaurants, and our customer care teams. As the Senior Engineering Manager, you will drive operational excellence across your services, collaborate with the product on feature additions, work with engineering stakeholders to expand our internal platform offerings, and grow a world-class team to drive projects across the order-taking system.
The Impact You Will Make
- Lead multiple growing teams of engineers, managing engineering managers and developing their talents to ensure they execute effectively against a roadmap that you design and curate.
- Become a leader in our organization, innovating our technical processes, driving best practices, and encouraging adoption of new technologies and patterns that can best serve your team’s needs.
- Take ownership of the Accounting, Order History, Testing, Order Adjustment, and Notification Platform family services - identifying areas of technical debt for refinement, enabling rapid scaling as we grow and onboard new clients, and building performant and maintainable feature enhancements.
- Become a domain expert in multi-service processes that intersect with your domain, collaborating with technical partners in order to ensure our platform is robust and flexible, and able to respond to a rapidly changing competitive landscape.
What You Bring to the Table
- 10+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- 3+ years experience with technical leadership responsibilities
- Provides mentorship and coaching on career growth and development in a formal setting
- Experience with Java or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Experience with service oriented, RESTful API design
- Experience architecting, designing and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- AWS experience, or similar cloud-based offerings.
- Automated testing experience applicable for services (Junit/testing, Mockito + Jmeter/Gatling.io)
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB), distributed and or relational databases is desired
- Familiarity or experience with Docker, or similar containerized solutions
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.