Senior Engineer at Hometap
At Hometap, we believe you can have a house and a life. Our vision is to empower current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. By tapping into the built-in value of a home, we help homeowners do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, buy a second home, get out from under crippling debt, or pay for college tuition.
Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the home’s future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership.
As we enter 2020, we have over $100 million from investors to make this vision a reality. We’d like to invite you to join us on this journey.
Who you are
As Hometap’s Senior Software Engineer, you will help define and deliver a world class homeowner and investor experience. You are someone who is mission driven, motivated to deliver results, and passionate about quality. This is a small tech team - you’ll have influence over how and what we build as we scale to service homeowners across the country. You are excited to build, ship and iterate on the software you create. Our growing engineering team will look to you for mentorship and guidance.
At Hometap, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work on homegrown tools essential to operations across the entire organization
- Build and ship software used to process hundreds of millions of dollars
- Build and ship software used to meet our mission of making homeownership less stressful and more accessible by giving homeowners access to liquidity currently locked in their homes
- Responsibly and securely treat, store and handle sensitive information
- Supply and report on key analytics at a highly data-driven company
- Modernize a huge and lucrative industry which has been slow to update
- Perform dozens of integrations with both internal and external tools including Salesforce, HouseCanary, Segment, Experian, and many more
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years of professional experience with Python
- Experience with Python-based frameworks (Django preferred)
- Experience with ORMs
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Experience with cloud services (AWS preferred)
- Competency with revision control systems (Git preferred)
- Experience working on products requiring a high level of security
- SQL skills
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is the what you bring to our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If you’re someone who embraces this builder mentality, you’ll be right at home here.