Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
As a member of the DevOps team, you will be responsible for the process and automation that enables the smooth functioning of our staging and production environments, including all of our applications, infrastructural components such as databases, cache servers, queueing services, and network security. You will serve both Toast's customers and Toast's software engineering requirements.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Build new automation to expand and maintain our AWS hosting infrastructure
- Create developer tools in support of a rapidly growing company
- Use your familiarity with DevOps methodologies and practices to foster a culture of quality while facilitating developer velocity
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience maintaining large-scale infrastructure, supporting production workloads, and configuration management (especially Ansible and Terraform)
- Experience building automation tooling in a modern programming language (preferably Python or Go)
- You believe internal tools deserve unit tests
- Experience working with relational databases (PostgreSQL and Aurora PostgreSQL a plus)
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu and Amazon Linux)
- Substantial experience with version control software
- At least 3 years of experience with modern CI/CD tools
- Prior experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker highly preferred)
- Familiarity with Cloud deployment workflows and cloud IaaS providers (preferably AWS)
- A get-things-done attitude and track record of success
*Bread puns encouraged but not required