Senior DevOps Engineer
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team. Do you want to significantly influence the evolution of CarGurus infrastructure by designing and building cloud-native platforms and services for a rapidly scaling global development organization? Do you enjoy seeing your effort building global production capacity directly accelerating the growth of CarGurus worldwide automotive marketplace?
What You'll Do
- Design, build, and run CarGurus core infrastructure in collaboration with support and build/delivery platform teams.
- Build new and extend existing storage, compute, and data infrastructure services and platforms. (MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Gluster, AWS S3, k8s, OpenNebula, Openshift)
- Accelerate the adoption of containerized workloads by delivering self-service Kubernetes and VM orchestration platforms.
- Use your networking experience to support and improve our hybrid datacenter and cloud network strategy. (CDN, Fastly, F5, Juniper, Aruba, AWS direct connect, SDN)
- Move towards 100% infrastructure as code using software and automation to repeatably instantiate, and perform all lifecycle operations. (Terraform, Chef, Git, Ansible, Concourse, Bazel)
Who You Are
- Curiosity and a strong desire to innovate
- Extremely proficient hands-on Linux/Unix experience
- Fluent in at least one scripting language
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines, configuration management, and creating infrastructure as code. (Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Salt, etc.)
- Expertise building or working with a container or VM orchestration platform. (OpenNebula, Docker Swarm, K8s, Openshift, Vmware)
- Familiarity with Java web application development and production operations.
- Operational understanding of relational database replication and backup concepts and query syntax. (MySQL)
- Experience working with public/private cloud infrastructure using role-based security, APIs. (AWS, Terraform)
- Broad familiarity with IP network routing, DNS, load balancing, and security.
- At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking.
We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.