Senior DevOps Engineer
The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 7,500 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
We’re looking for an energetic Senior DevOps Engineer who wants to be part of our forward-thinking software team. The ideal candidate is energized by the opportunity to improve and streamline the development process, and is rarely satisfied with the status quo. A candidate with the foundational skills of a build engineer, excited to get cloud experience, could expect to be put in a position to succeed in this role.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Improving the build & deployment systems at PI and implementing appropriate processes – our engineering team has a demanding backlog that you want to help them get through
- Being a quick study – our team works in Azure on the PaaS side, where we do cutting- edge work, and while we do not expect you to be an expert, we want someone who can pick up the thread as they go, and learn from our willing and able trainers
- Working closely with software engineers in a fast-paced testing environment, and communicating with individuals throughout the organization
- Serving as key liaison with DevOps consultants – we are working with external advisors to take our efforts from good to great, and want you to be a thought partner
We think it’s important that you have:
- A desire to learn! This is an incredible opportunity to get your hands dirty and learn fast
- Interest in Microsoft Azure PaaS and .NET framework that propels you to deepen your knowledge
- Focus on continuous improvement, excitement about being a catalyst for change, and a thoughtful approach to measuring the success of both
- A constant strive for progress, not perfection – getting it wrong is a step on the way to getting it right
- Curiosity about some, or all of: blue-green deployment, automated environments, cross-region redundancy, automated penetration testing
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.