We are looking for a talented, driven, and dedicated Dev Ops Engineer. We have a continuous need for innovation to meet the needs of our evolving environment. You’ll help manage our growing infrastructure, ensuring our systems stay up and perform well, all while refining our process for operating our global production environment. You’ll participate with Senior Dev Ops Engineers in designing and implementing the infrastructure, configuration management and software systems we use to host, manage and monitor our production player communications services environment. Additionally, you must have a desire and aptitude to learn new technologies as needed to keep pace with our customer needs.
Vivox, part of Unity, is the leading provider of group voice communication for games and beyond. We provide and operate the communication technology for some of the world’s largest games including Fortnite, Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, and Rainbow Six Siege. Our products are used by over 100m people every month in every country on the planet.
- Monitor, administer, and provide troubleshooting support for our complex hosting environments that deliver seamless in-game voice communication to millions of players
- Collaborate deeply with a cross functional team of Server and Platform Engineers, Software Developers and Engineers, and Customer Operation Engineers
- Evaluate system performance and trends, and adjust capacity as needed, and/or make recommendations for risk mitigation
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and research problems of a complex nature, and to make judgment decisions and recommendations
- Understanding of coding and scripting using Python and perhaps one other scripting language (Perl, PHP, etc.)
- Experience in, or willingness to learn, configuration management systems (Puppet, Terraform, Salt, Docker, etc.) and version control systems (GIT, Subversion, etc.)
- LAMP deployment and administration skills (CentOS preferred)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong desire to learn emerging technologies and to innovate
- Experience working in an dynamic environment with a basic understanding of continuous deployment tools and processes
- Prior work using any of the following: InfluxD, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Grafana, Spacewalk, Jenkins
- Basic familiarity with cloud computing and virtualization concepts (AWS/OpenStack preferred)
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.