Senior DevOps Engineer, Team Lead at Cogito
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:16 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, December 17, 2019
Cogito is searching for a Senior DevOps Engineer, Team Lead to join our organization. The ideal candidate has a mix of customer-facing skills, production support experience, Systems know-how and strong leadership skills.
You possess a strong desire to jump into action when needed, and love being the expert in the room. You learn fast and love new challenges, especially on tasks you may have never done before. You have a strong dislike for manual repetitive tasks, so you take pride in automating as much of your work as possible so that next time it can be a push of a button. You are great at documenting what you do, so that other team members can take work off your hands any time.
You have worked and thrived in ticket-driven environments where priorities are set based on business need. Conversant with a large variety of subjects, you have the ability to triage and manage a broad range of issues.
You have strong leadership skills and have been a team lead or manager of talented professionals in past.
You have been a mentor in the past, and have found it a rewarding experience. Teaching and leading others is part of what you do naturally.
- Delight internal and external customers by reliably producing quality work while meeting deadlines
- Spin up new cloud infrastructure instances and configure to client specifications
- Timely resolution to customer concerns
- Troubleshoot software and infrastructure issues as needed
- Communication complex technical solutions to a broad range of stakeholders within the business
- Team leadership and running scrum meetings effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in a CS/IS/IT/System Administration related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in a DevOps or equivalent role
- Willingness to learn new technologies and skills on the fly
- Willingness to mentor junior team members
- Scrum master experience
- People management skills
- Demonstrate a history of working in environments with any of the following compliance standards: PCI, HITRUST, HIPAA, Sarbanes Oxley, ISO27002, CIS L1 & L2
- Deep understanding of Linux
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as bash and Python. Ruby and Java are a plus
- Basic Bash scripting proficiency
- Experience with Configuration management tools
- Familiarity running “Infrastructure as code”
- Experience with a CI/Job management tool such as Jenkins. Strong skills in troubleshooting and debugging application related network issues
- Experience in a SaaS environment
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience working in company that practices both an Agile and DevOps mentality
- Understanding of network troubleshooting for Application Support purposes
- Familiarity with an automated configuration platform
- Advanced experienced in AWS Services such as CloudWatch, Route 53, Cloudformation, Elastic Search, AWS Directory Services, ECR/ECS, AWS SAM
• Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your family’s health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
• Frequent catered lunch and live product demos
• 401(k) retirement plan options
• Ongoing professional development and cross-training
• 20 days vacation time, 5 days sick time, 2 floating holidays and 11 company holidays (yes, Patriot’s Day is a holiday)
• 2 "Be Gentle" personal days
• Company paid parental leave upon hire
• Competitive pay, stock options, and annual bonus eligibility
• Casual dress and fun office atmosphere
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• Stocked groceries in the kitchen
• Office location in the heart of Boston with convenience to the MBTA lines
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Authorization to Work
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US.
Read Full Job Description