Senior Data Engineer (Boston or San Francisco)
Projects we are working on (and you may work on, too)
- Productize machine learning models and build a world class automated evaluation system to manage risk exposure while delivering the best possible experience to our customers
- Design, build, and implement scalable streaming data pipelines and ETL frameworks to increase data access and decrease analysis and decision times across the organization
- Build an open transaction protocol where users can send money and exchange value that leverages both new and traditional technologies to deliver value the fastest and cheapest way possible
- Leverage blockchain technology in a new transaction framework so that Financial Institutions an exchange value and associated metadata in a compliant manner.
What you'll bring to Circle
- Experience writing high quality code in Python plus another OOP language (Java, Scala, C++, Go, etc)
- Experience working with RDBM systems, particularly familiarity with SQL
- 5+ years experience building distributed solutions in Spark, MapReduce or other MPP system with associated data models and datastores (e.g., Redshift, Cassandra, HBase, Parquet)
- Production development of event-based applications using frameworks such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark Streaming, or similar
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques, continuous deployment pipelines and tools, and AWS technology stack a plus
- Desire to work across internal teams to identify requirements and iterate on solutions
- Debug complex production issues across various levels of the tech stack
- Interest in impacting the way money moves between people
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners. Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!