Vestmark is looking to add a Cloud Engineer to the Managed Services team who has the ability to automate the delivery of high performance systems.
You will participate as a contributor in the implementation of next-generation technology stacks in a public cloud provider primarily AWS. Your expertise will drive application and infrastructure deployments for new and transitioning customers from on-premise to cloud. You will partner with other engineers and work within a team to enable and ensure software and systems integrate to achieve reliability, scalability and business objectives. You have a passion for cloud-based platforms, an Agile/DEVops mindset to share knowledge with others and solve complex problems.
- Contribute to the design and operational best practices of the infrastructure in AWS
Own critical aspects of our technology deployment pipeline in areas requiring process automation, end to end infrastructure readiness, monitoring, and security
- Development of scripts to automate and facilitate integration between enterprise systems in and out of the cloud
- Ensure alignment between security architecture frameworks, standards, and overall IT strategy
- Support the migration of applications to the cloud infrastructure and assist in the analysis, tuning, and re-architecture when necessary to ensure adherence to business requirements and milestones
- Troubleshoot issues across the stack (hardware, network, firewall, applications, database, storage) and assist senior engineers, developers and operations teams to resolve advanced system issues
- Guide efforts across internal teams to analyze, design and add efficiency to the delivery of managed services to internal and external customers
- Participate in the design and improvement of Continuous Integration (CI) of systems and ensure adherence to CI principles
- Participate in terraform code reviews to ensure best practices are adhered to
- Contribute using Agile/Scrum framework
- Participate in off hours maintenance and escalations
Skills and Requirements:
- 2+ years delivering cloud solution designs, installation, and configuration using automation tools, such as Terraform, Rundeck, Jenkins.
- 2+ years experience implementing a production IaaS or SaaS environment
- Experience with AWS services such as IAM, EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, VPC, Beanstalk and providing highly-available, secure, and reliable services
- working knowledge of 3rd party solutions such as Centrify, Rundeck, and Direct Connect service providers
- System tuning and cost optimization
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have a mindset to build and deploy high available and scalable infrastructure
- Previous hands on cloud migration experience
- Microsoft technologies (Windows Server 2019/16.12 and MS SQL)
- Scripting experience (e.g. Powershell, Python)
- Understanding of networking and storage principals
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
The Vestmark Managed Services Team is a small team dedicated to the daily operation of hosting the VestmarkONE Platform and its supporting infrastructure in data center and AWS. The team is responsible for the design, provisioning, monitoring, and operations of infrastructure, networks, and databases to support the VestmarkONE SaaS Platform. The team offers a great opportunity to experience a wide range of technologies and challenges as we strive to provide world class hosted services to our growing customer base. Scalability, Security, and Disaster Recovery are the fundamental challenges the team takes on every day.