Senior Cloud Cyber Security Threat Management Engineer (Work-at-home/Virtual)
In the fast-paced, ever-growing world of Healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication and security. We need experts in technology to help us develop and maintain our networks, hardware, and software—to ensure our systems run smoothly and efficiently, keep us on the forefront of innovation in healthcare, and retain our competitive edge. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates lead their best lives and achieve lifelong well-being. We look for talented individuals who share this passion for helping others and we develop by keeping employees current on the latest skillsets through classes, certifications, and conferences.
The Cyber Security Operations Center supports Humana's value proposition by providing strategic guidance and support for Enterprise Information Protection (EIP), IT and business clients. As a Senior Cloud Cyber Security Engineer, you will help in designing and engineering cloud security solutions that will balance the need for speed and flexibility of cloud infrastructure and IaaS/PaaS/SaaS applications with the need to protect Humana against ongoing and potential security threats. This critical role requires the ability to synthesize radical ideas, the aptitude to define new security strategies and the tenacity to get the job done. To achieve results this will require the direct partnership and ability to influence multiple levels and areas of the organization. Candidate will assist on multiple EIP owned initiatives which will encompass providing direct influence to multiple project team members, vendor evaluations and implementation of new technology.
- Review new cloud service implementations at Humana on a regular basis for impacts to SecOps and to develop changes needed for Humana security operational environment.
- Develop cloud monitoring, threat hunting capabilities and participate in the Incidence Response and Investigations as needed.
- Develop and implement solutions for automated threat detection, behavioral analytics and other automation for managing cloud security operations
- Help create, maintain and enhance Cloud security incident response plan along with security playbook for all three major cloud providers (MS Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Amazon AWS)
- Assess existing cloud implementations, identifying security issues and help prioritizing fixes.
- Provide daily, ongoing operational support of cloud security operations, to include the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology implementation/refresh operations.
- Understand cloud systems security vulnerabilities and associated threats, and assess the overall security risks to the system.
- Provide mitigation recommendations to reduce identified security risks.
- Work directly with internal IT staff and customer to establish and enforce IT security best practices, protection objectives, process improvements and effective IT security controls.
- Thoroughly understand software installations, systems monitoring and troubleshooting, account management, and overall efforts to minimize cloud system downtime.
- Develop Security monitoring and response requirements for new functionality or resources that are implemented in cloud/on premise and ensure they are implemented.
- Create policies and rule sets and maintain them for threat detection and hunting in various tools focusing cloud or on premise.
- Accountability: Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same. Employs focus, attention to detail, reliability, and appropriate prioritization to drive outcomes. Sees opportunities to contribute and takes the initiative to create solutions.
- Builds Trust: Consistently models and inspires high levels of integrity in decisions, speech, and actions. Lives up to commitments, taking responsibility for the impact of one's actions. Exercises the courage to prioritize principles and values over personal or professional gain.
- Influence & Collaborate: Engages others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives, focusing on a shared purpose that puts Humana's overall success first. Develops and strengthens networks and relationships, both inside and outside the organization, that support company performance. Proactively and transparently contributes information and energy toward creating value with others.
- Customer Focus: Connects meaningfully with customers to build emotional engagement and customer advocacy. Develops and applies deep customer knowledge and intimacy to develop and deliver products, services, and interactions that provide value beyond expectations. Simplifies complexity and integrates internal efforts to deliver an optimal customer experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Experience in Cyber Security Operations Cyber functions
- Experience performing security operations functions in cloud environments (Azure, GCP or AWS)
- Experience in secured Public Cloud architectures and engineering solutions (Azure, GCP or AWS)
- Hands on experience in automation (PowerShell and/or Python or a similar language, can be a beginner to intermediate level).
- Hands on experience with configuring, threat hunting and investigation using SIEM and other Threat Protection technologies and tools.
- Hands on experience analyzing application and network based attacks (firewall logs, network security tools).
- Prior experience with Security & Major Incident response.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of project sponsors and key stakeholders
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbal
- Preferred IT Industry certifications (Microsoft Certifications On-Prem or Cloud, Cisco, CISSP, CEH, Azure, Amazon AWS, GCP, etc.)
You will report to the Lead Cyber Security Operations Engineer and to the Director of Threat Management Operations.
Scheduled Weekly Hours