Senior Cloud Application Engineer at Skillsoft
Senior Cloud Application Engineer
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
Skillsoft is seeking an experienced and motivated Principal Cloud Application Engineer (Percipio Technology) to assist with the operations, support, availability, documentation, design, recoverability and maintenance of technology solutions in a Hosted environment.
- Work collaboratively with development organizations and vendors to define best practices and determine appropriate technology choices.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to diagnose/resolve performance/stability issues.
- Collaborate with application engineers and solutions architects in day to day operations as well as long-term sustainability and innovation.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation for Skillsoft operating environments covering: product deployments, routine maintenance, processes / procedures / resolutions.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least five years experience supporting Windows, Redhat and AWS systems
- Good understanding of Microservices Architecture
- Familiarity with system administration automation tools, scripting languages and desired state configuration tools. (Ansible, Postgres SQL, YAML)
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, ECR, Openshift)
- Familiarity with the concepts, benefits and challenges of data related services such as Kafka, Cassandra, Elastic Search, Redis, and RabbitMQ
- Familiarity with editing tools, scripting and source control integration. (JBoss, Dev Studio, Git, Visual Studio Code, Bash, Python, Nodejs)
- Experience in the support of enterprise hosted systems strongly desired. (VMware, EC2, S3)
- Experience with troubleshooting tools. (New Relic, Splunk, WireShark)
- Advanced understanding of operational challenges in a 7x24 environment
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.