Senior Backend Engineer, Platform at DataRobot
DataRobot accelerates the process of building predictive models to get the most out of valuable data. We work hard to create tools that nascent data scientists can use effectively while also exposing the rich detail and control that data science veterans rely on. Our headquarters is in Boston, with development offices in Kyiv, Lviv, Minsk, Munich, Copenhagen and Singapore.
In order to keep up with the demand for new features in DataRobot, we are looking to grow our backend engineering team. Primary responsibilities of this team include designing, building and monitoring a scalable worker management infrastructure, designing and supporting internal and public HTTP APIs, and instrumenting DataRobot to integrate with enterprise IT infrastructure. Our team uses the following technology on a routine basis: Python, Flask, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, NGINX, pytest, docker, K8s and YARN among many others.
- Design, build, test and support the next generation of DataRobot cloud-native compute platform
- Develop, test, and support features of DataRobot
- Create and maintain automated unit tests and functional tests
- Design infrastructure for new features with the input of peers
- Plan capacity, manage application performance
- Manage individual projects and milestones with abundant communication of progress
- Seek, give, and receive critical feedback in a constructive manner, including but not limited to code review
- 4+ years development experience in Python
- Demonstrable knowledge of computer science fundamentals, whether by degree or otherwise
- Linux proficiency
- System/performance engineering (profiling process memory/cpu/io/network usage, system calls, flame graphs)
- Personal drive to get things finished
- Effective communication behavior
Candidates can distinguish themselves with the following criteria:
- 8+ years development experience
- Publicly reviewable contributions to interesting development projects
- Experience supporting user-facing code and APIs
- Experience working with major cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience/understanding resource management services workflow (Hadoop/Yarn, Mesos, Kubernetes or any other)
DataRobot is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. DataRobot is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.