Senior Application/Product Security Architect - Enterprise Information Protection(remote virtual work from home eligible) at Humana Studio_h
We are searching for an experienced Application Security Architect who can utilize solid business knowledge and expert technical experience in security to help develop strategy, roadmap and execution for our Application Security program. In this role you will work to discover security issues proactively during solution design and prevent vulnerabilities during development. You will support the development of design patterns and development standards to help developers and architects build secure solutions. You will support the development of assessment frameworks to evaluate designs then be responsible for their execution. These processes will become especially pertinent in support of current technology modernization efforts with a big emphasis on cloud adoption.
- Support the design of proactive application security frameworks to ensure the secure architecture and development of business solutions. This includes frameworks for performing consistent application security assessments and threat models as well as the development of secure design patterns and development standards.
- Implementation of the above controls into a modern SDLC.
- Conduct application security assessments, threat modeling and architecture reviews
- Proactively communicate design and development principles to appropriate stakeholders
- Proactively improve security designs to reduce vulnerabilities found after development of code
- Influence stakeholders to correct security deficiencies in the solution design as well as developed code
- Provide solutions to security deficiencies while allowing for necessary business and technical functionality
- Automation and standardization of all applicable processes
- In depth comprehension of the OWASP Top 10 and an ability to communicate with developers and application architects. Development or software architecture background is preferred.
- Experience working with application security frameworks such as BSIMM and SAMM
- Expertise in performing cloud architecture reviews, application risk assessments and threat modeling
- Experience in integrating security controls into all forms of SDLC including automation into a CI/CD pipeline
- Analyzes business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and risks, and recommends technologies and solutions to mitigate them.
- Implement security considerations for in house developed, COTS and SaaS solutions
- Translates technical concepts into plain language to show business risk
- Collaborates with developers and software architects to adjust designs to securely meet business and technical requirements
- Comfortable operating in an environment with constant change and ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience mentoring others by providing technical guidance to project teams
- Build relationships with development, software architecture and product management stakeholders
- Experience working in highly regulated environments subject to HIPAA, HITrust, PCI or other related
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field strongly preferred; post-graduate degree is a bonus, but not required
- Knowledge and experience with the configuration of security controls and secure migration of enterprise applications to one of the major cloud providers such as Azure (preferred), Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Automation and standardization of software security controls, particularly into a CI/CD pipeline
- Communicate the need for security controls to a business audience, including justification of spend and effort
- CISSP, CISM or equivalent
- GIAC or Offensive Security certifications
- Cloud Architecture and/or Cloud Security Certifications (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Cloud Security Alliance (CCSP, CCSK) (ISC)2