Senior Android Engineer at Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
More About the Role
We're looking for someone to join our Branded Channel Android team as a Sr Software Engineer who will contribute to the Android experience of our GH Direct mobile product offering. GH Direct mobile offers an ordering app customized for each restaurant and backed by the power of Grubhub's ordering platform. We empower the restaurant to build their business through their app with detailed customer data, in-store ordering, and loyalty tools. As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for building new and innovative features, improving existing ones, and helping to architect our apps and automation pipelines. We aim to be a restaurant's preferred partner for all of their online ordering, so we continuously improve and provide better value. Our engineers are empowered to work together with their teams, other engineering teams, and also with product managers and product designers to build a frictionless branded online ordering experience used by restaurants all over the country.
The Impact You Will Make
- You will architect and build diner-facing features in our SDK that will be used in a variety of apps. We're always looking for new ways to bring value to our restaurant partners, which includes things like highly configurable home screens, new loyalty and rewards features, and ways to get their apps these updates more quickly.
- Lead project development by working cross-functionally with product designers, product managers, and other engineers to design, implement, and test features.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we'll need your help to do that.
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years of practical experience in native Android application development. Kotlin is a plus.
- Experience architecting and developing scalable Android applications. Experience in eCommerce is a plus.
- Ability to take ambiguous projects and turn them into concrete deliverables for the rest of your team
- Familiar with RxJava or Kotlin Coroutines
- Experience writing comprehensive unit, UI, and end to end testing applicable for native applications (Espresso, Robotium, Appium, etc)
- Demonstrated skills as a mentor to more junior developers
- Experience developing in Ruby on Rails or similar scaffolding frameworks is a bonus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.