Security Incident Response Engineer at Grubhub
Hey! We're Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Security Operations team is dedicated to preserving the integrity and confidentiality of the Grubhub environment. We are looking for a candidate who can triage security events and perform incident response procedures. Someone who can automate processes and streamline data by using our internal platforms to tune data aggregation tools and build visualizations to better understand datasets, and create near-real-time log analytics. A candidate who understands the incident management process from detection to remediation and is capable of working with others to help create a culture focused on security.
The Impact You Will Make
- Multi-functional role supporting Security Engineering, Information Security, Legal, R&D, Quality, and Service teams during a security incident.
- Evaluate datasets and alerts using SIEM tools such as Splunk and SumoLogic. Create dashboards, queries, and automated alerting based on security needs.
- Tune, configure, and improve existing security tooling to ensure maximum efficacy.
- Provide technical support for internal security-related projects. Build and maintain internal tools and services to improve Grubhub's security posture and help mitigate security risks.
- Investigate security events and provide support from detection to remediation and/or mitigation.
- Work closely with the development team to build an expert understanding of the architecture and operation of our platform to fully validate our security model and protections.
- Support daily monitoring, threat assessment, mitigation, and reporting activities to safeguard agency information assets, with a focus on automation of daily processes.
- Creation and maintenance of security and incident management policies that govern the handling of incidents
- Conduct research on the latest threats and the latest technological advancements in combating unauthorized access
- Facilitate any software or operational modifications needed as a result of security audits or vulnerability reports.
- Proactively recommend practical software and operational security improvements.
- Participate and help facilitate tabletop exercises as required.
- Respond to technical security questions and concerns as posted by internal personnel.
- Collaborate with the MSSP (Managed Security Service Provider) during daily operations and coordinate efforts during security events.
What You Bring to the Table
- 2+ years experience deploying applications to and security of AWS Cloud Environments.
- 2+ years using common security engineering tools (Vulnerability Scanner, IDS/IPS, WAF, Botnet and DDoS Protection.)
- 2+ years experience in system automation on Linux and/or Windows (BASH and/or Powershell)
- Working knowledge of system and infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible and CloudFormation
- Experience implementing host and network security standards and best practices.
- 2+ years Python development experience.
- Working knowledge of docker container building and orchestration
- Working knowledge of log aggregation and monitoring solutions (Splunk, SumoLogic)
- Working knowledge of monitoring and data aggregations solutions (Grafana, Datadog)
- Good verbal, written communication, problem-solving skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for security and building secure products
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: In the event the role you are applying for requires you to report to an office, you must be able to provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine."
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]