Salesforce Solutions Engineer at 2U, Inc. (Cambridge, MA)
As Salesforce Solutions Engineer, you will be part of the Business Systems team, designing and implementing Salesforce solutions to support edX go-to-market initiatives. You will build deep relationships with your stakeholders to understand both their processes and how their processes fit into the enterprise context. You will work cross-functionally with a team to analyze business requirements, conduct research, develop and test prototypes, and implement enterprise-level best practices and solutions. You will play a critical role in helping edX Enterprise functions operate efficiently and effectively in Salesforce and adjacent business systems.
- be part of the Business Systems team reporting to Manager of Business Systems
- play a critical role in partnering with Sales, Marketing, Success, Product, Legal, and Finance teams to drive solution building, helping edX Enterprise functions operate efficiently and effectively
- develop business process improvement solutions in alignment with IT strategy and architecture
- conduct project planning, business analysis, process design, solution development, and ongoing support for Salesforce, which involves coordination and collaboration with both in-house Architects and outsourced consultants
- manage user onboarding and offboarding for Salesforce and adjacent business systems
- monitor integration health for key Quote to Cash workflows and troubleshoot issues as appropriate
- build a deep understanding of company business processes, from the team level to the enterprise level, conducting documentation along the way
- highly skilled at creative problem solving and critical thinking in a technical context
- highly organized and detail-oriented
- highly skilled at communicating, both written and verbally, with tact and empathy
- excited and able to learn and support new technologies
- open to taking on new responsibilities as the needs of the organization evolve
- collaborative and energized by working on a team
- continually learning new skills and developing your technical and business domain knowledge
- 3+ years of working on designing and implementing Salesforce solutions for Sales teams
- 2+ years of business analysis experience
- demonstrable skills in QA and troubleshooting
- big picture outlook combined with high attention to technical detail
- strong business/commercial acumen
- a keen curiosity and ability to discover what constitutes a good user experience
- experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ
- Experience with process automation (e.g. process builders, flows)
- Experience with integration systems (e.g. Celigo, Zapier)
- Experience leading project teams and managing business stakeholders
- Experience using Atlassian suite of tools for project management and documentation (i.e. Jira and Confluence)
- Experience using a process mapping and diagram tool such as Lucidchart
- One or more Salesforce certifications (e.g. Administrator, Advanced Administrator)
- Experience working as system administrator at different companies
- Experience leveraging Lightning UI and related modern feature sets to deliver value
- Experience as a key contributor in Salesforce transformation initiatives (e.g. migrating from Classic to Lightning, consolidating process automations)
Why you’ll like it here:
- edX is collaborative at its core. You’ll work within your team and across the organization, allowing for continuous learning and discovery.
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you! edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together more than 38 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.