Salesforce Release Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you bready* for a change?
The Salesforce Release Engineer manages the release pipeline, supporting fast paced Business Systems scrum teams of Salesforce admins, developers, and architects. You will drive a common framework for all build, test, and release activities, both automated and self-service. As a Release Engineer, you’ll act as a subject matter expert for release best practices, advancing toward the predictable delivery of quality releases.
About this roll*:
- Be a champion for the CI/CD pipeline, focused on continuous improvement of the release process, by building out release automation for scale
- Manage the teams’ Salesforce releases to pre-production and production environments in collaboration with Architects and other technical leaders
- Resolve technical issues such as deployment errors and merge conflicts for each scrum team
- Ensure compliance with the change control process, assisting in test planning
- Manage test environments, refreshes, and upgrades with focus on role and data access permissions
- Act as a technical liaison for Business Systems, Engineering, and Operations, having an understanding of roadmaps and how their dependencies and schedules align
- Provide support for releases, incident response, and major system upgrades
- Develop and maintain release dashboards
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Experience with build/release tools and processes, specifically with Salesforce
- Experience working with version control tools (GitHub preferred)
- Experience with Salesforce version control and release tools (AutoRABIT preferred)
- Programming skills (Salesforce APEX, Java, Python, SOQL, SQL, Selenium, etc...)
- Knowledge of Agile and the software development lifecycle
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks
Bonus ingredients (a pinch of salt):
- Experience with any of the following Enterprise Applications: Salesforce Billing, Netsuite, Workday, ServiceNow, RevPro
- Experience with performance testing tools, logging and monitoring, and data masking
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development