Salesforce Engineering Manager at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
More About the Role
As Engineering Manager, Salesforce, you will be managing a team of Salesforce engineers and admins responsible for building, maintaining, and scaling the Salesforce platform. You will partner with Product, Sales, Marketing and Technology stakeholders to increase the restaurant supply by building scalable and robust solutions in Salesforce. You will also work with other technology teams, product managers, designers, and business stakeholders to build the self signup experience for restaurants.
The Impact You Will Make
- Lead, inspire and grow a team of Salesforce engineers, architects and admins. Raise the quality bar and hold self and team accountable
- Design and build innovative and long-term solutions with high engineering standards for scalability, testability and observability
- Learn the Grubhub systems integrated with Salesforce and have a deep understanding of the impact of architectural changes across systems
- Own the solutions and deliverable for their team and ensure the successful integration with the systems integrated with Salesforce
- Collaborate with technology, product and business stakeholders for ongoing prioritization, resource allocation and tracking of the team deliverables
- Strive for fostering an inclusive environment within and across teams
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years in a leadership capacity or with leadership responsibilities
- Experience architecting, designing and developing testable, resilient, and scalable solutions
- Experience with code versioning, automated testing, and continuous delivery for Salesforce
- Familiarity with services outside of Salesforce including relational/NoSQL databases, REST/SOAP APIs, and cloud providers like AWS
These are the behaviors we aspir and strive to achieve and use as a guide to measure our performance. These behaviors are a practical manifestation of our Grubhub values.
Build and enable great teams - leaders recruit, inspire, grow and empower amazing people and teams. They remove the blockers, coach, and build mechanisms to enable scale, efficiency and quality.
- We recognize, celebrate and and double down on success
- Know what you’re talking about - We dive deep, understanding the subject matter at the absolute not the abstract level, We build trust because we understand and focus on the details.
- High Bar - leaders set the bar high, push the boundaries, and hold themselves and teams accountable.
- Innovative - leaders think long-term and platform-wide, inventing their way around constraints to deliver breakthrough solutions, not settling for the status quo.
- Make Informed Decisions - We favor data-driven, objective decisions. Never myopic or short sighted, always focused on what’s right for Grubhub. We are also willing to revisit the decision when the world changes.
- Ownership - Leaders own problems, decisions and messages. We look for people to broaden their responsibility and accountability beyond the things they directly own or have direct influence over.
- Humble and self-critical - leaders always learn, admit mistakes and strive to improve.
- Trust and respect - leaders earn trust through the consistency, transparency and fairness of their actions. We always treat others with respect.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.