Salesforce DevOps Engineer (Remote Friendly)
The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Drift, the LA Clippers, Hugo Boss, Docusign, and Nissan—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
The Salesforce DevOps Engineer is responsible for the daily administration of Copado and weekly releases of functionality in PI’s Salesforce organization, which powers the daily operations for our 600+ certified partners, 1,500+ users and 8,000+ customers. The Salesforce DevOps Engineer will govern and operate PI’s DevOps and source control applications, set a roadmap for continuous improvements to the DevOps process and infrastructure, and work with a team of Salesforce Admins and Developers to improve the speed and quality of features released to production.
- Own, oversee, and administer PI’s Copado application.
- Validate and perform deployments of new functionality.
- Ensure consistency of metadata across environments in the Copado pipeline.
- Govern PI’s git repository and resolve conflicts that arise as functionality progresses through the DevOps pipeline.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation about PI’s Copado application and DevOps practices.
- Refine DevOps principles and framework. Establish best practices, standards and operational guidelines, while focusing on continuous improvement of feature quality and lead time.
- Be the subject matter expert in driving DevOps best practices for PI’s ecosystem of business applications.
- Provide support and direction to other members of the business applications team on using Copado and resolving deployment issues.
- Investigate and implement automated testing to enhance the robustness of PI’s DevOps framework.
- Create and maintain test scripts for a future test automation solution.
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- 2+ years of experience in a DevOps, release manager, or engineering role at a company with a mature DevOps infrastructure, or a consulting role with equivalent experience
- Copado and/or Salesforce certified. An ideal candidate would have a Copado Administrator certification and one or more of the following: Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce Platform App Builder, Salesforce Platform Developer I.
- Expertise in DevOps and the software development lifecycle
- Strong grasp of the Salesforce metadata model with hands-on experience in Salesforce configuration
- Experience with Agile methodologies, including scrum and continuous integration environments.
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for continuous and independent learning
- Sharp communication skills with a focus on articulating the value of and inspiring adherence to DevOps processes
Those who excel at The Predictive Index are:
- Cross-functional: At PI, we work as a team!
- Smart: They learn our systems and our industry quickly.
- Energetic: We have a vibrant office, and when you’re on, you’re on.
- Driven: We’re growing fast so you MUST be willing to roll up your sleeves.
- Fun: Because we work hard, we like to play hard—and we hope you do too!
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.