Salesforce Developer at The Predictive Index
The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
The Predictive Index is a place where people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives collaborate on amazing, important work. We celebrate our differences, knowing that they are fundamental to our success as an organization. “Better Work, Better World,” starts here, in an organization where every member of the PI community is valued, respected, and welcome. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are looking for a creative and self-motivated Salesforce developer who can build dynamic and scalable Salesforce applications that perfectly meet the evolving needs of the company, and our growing communities of users. The Predictive Index’s Salesforce instance consists of 180 internal users, 1,200+ partner users in our partner business center (powered by Community Cloud). The role will report to the Business Systems Operations Manager. The Business Systems team is also responsible for other technologies within the Salesforce ecosystem including Pardot, LeanData, NetSuite, ZoomInfo, WalkMe, Docebo, AdobeSign, GetFeedback, and LiveChat. This position is geo-flexible, with a strong preference for someone in Eastern, Central, or Mountain time zones.
- Working closely with other members of the Salesforce development team and across the Operations department on technical solutions for existing and future applications.
- Maintaining a flexible and proactive attitude to quickly respond to project requirements and business objectives to meet company goals successfully.
- Developing customized solutions within the Salesforce Lightning platform.
- Participating in the QA process, which includes devising test plans, creating test cases, and performing appropriate tests of new or updated functionality.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing code to improve current business processes.
- Troubleshooting and fixing bugs.
- Writing documents and providing technical training for the Business Systems team.
- Maintaining the security, stability and functionality of the application software.
- Providing application users and administrators with development support.
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- Strong track record of experience developing web applications.
- Salesforce Developer Credentials such as Platform Developer I, Platform Developer II.
- Strong track record of Salesforce.com experience, preferably with knowledge of Sales, Service, and Community Cloud.
- Experience with hands-on apex development solving business problems, refactoring and debugging code (yours and inherited) working with Aura, LSDS, Lightning components, LWC, Flows.
- Basic understanding of databases and SQL queries
- Experience writing unit tests and developing customer-facing interfaces
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and an ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical customers.
- Proven experience of eliminating system or process complexity to increase efficiency.
- Knowledge of code management, continuous integration, and version control processes and tools.
- What will make your application stand out? Salesforce Platform Developer II certification and/or experience with the following: responsive layouts and mobile-first design; Java, Python, or Node.js; VS Code; JIRA; SOAP & REST API; Selenium; Agile/Scrum work
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.