As a Remote Senior Software Engineer you will be helping us build best in class systems, with the potential to work on a few projects. This could be Full-stack Node.js Web development, building out Markforged’s 3D printer/content management system and web-based slicer (Eiger - visit https://www.eiger.io). This is a true full-stack position, ranging from designing REST APIs, utilizing AWS services, optimizing Postgres queries, and implementing new 3D views in WebGL.What will you own?
- Design, build, and maintain a world-class multi-tenant website for storing, editing, and printing 3D designs
- Enable enterprise-class system integrations by creating powerful APIs and beautiful user interfaces
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large scale
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Plan for the growth of Markforged's infrastructure
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
- 5+ year experience building and shipping high quality code with strong CS fundamentals
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience with contemporary web development frameworks (Angular, React/ Redux, etc)
- Experience with cloud systems such as AWS or Azure
- Have excellent verbal & written English communication