Remote Full-Stack Software Engineer
In 2007, two software engineers and serial entrepreneurs founded ezCater. Today, ezCater is the only nationwide online marketplace for business catering in the United States a $23.9 billion market. Our 3.3M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings and events. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners, Iconiq Capital, and Wellington Management, we're on a path to $2B in 2020, and we'll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
We’re looking for smart, friendly, and collaborative technologists to help us reach our technology goals and shape our remote working experience. These include decomposing our existing platform into micro-services and building new products, like ezManage, from the ground up.
ezCater values technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to better the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Check out this CBS Boston article for a glimpse into our culture.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage Rails, React, and GraphQL to build new features, applications, and services as we continually expand
- React to customer and business requests by evolving our existing products (desktop and mobile).
- Improve performance at every chance you get (we believe speed itself is a feature).
- Evolve the user experience based on A/B test results, Google Analytics data, and customer feedback.
- Tackle exciting scale challenges.
- Help us work out the kinks and create a seamless remote work experience.
- 5+ years of professional web development experience, ideally using Ruby on Rails
- Solid SQL / relational database experience (Postgres is a plus but not required)
- A strong appetite for learning and an ability to leverage what you learn to make our products better
- A friendly, flexible, and pragmatic disposition
- Significant experience working remotely. You understand the challenges and the needs (technical and cultural) for an organization to make remote workers successful. Lastly, you have the grit and the patience to remain productive and positive while we perfect this.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.