React & Python Engineer
Greater Boston Area
Boston, MA (relocation assistance provided)
1.5+ years of professional software development experience
React.js and Python
Extensive knowledge of software patterns and design principles
We create technology with heart for the health of every person in the world.
Buoy is a series-A funded health-tech company using artificial intelligence to help people find the right care at the right time. Started by a team of doctors and computer scientists working at the Harvard Innovation Laboratory in Boston MA, Buoy was developed in direct response to the downward spiral we’ve all faced when we attempt to self-diagnose our symptoms online. Buoy leverages artificial intelligence – powered by advanced machine learning and proprietary granular data - to resemble an exchange you would have with your favorite doctor – to provide consumers with a real-time, accurate analysis of their symptoms and help them easily and quickly embark on the right path to getting better. Buoy is based in Boston and was founded in 2014.
Buoy is taking on the multi-faceted challenge of applying Artificial Intelligence to medicine. We are developing novel interfaces, algorithms, and data pipelines to reason about the relationship between humans, symptoms, and illnesses, and we are looking for an experienced full-stack software engineer to help lead this effort. This role requires strong foundations in web application development and system design.
In a typical week, you may:
· Develop new features for our core product
· Collaborate with our engineering team to build and test client integrations
· Work with our data science team to architect and build data models and internal tools
· Participate in agile process, code reviews, and release testing
· Integrate new frameworks and contribute to team documentation
· Debug performance issues with our data pipeline
· Experience with A/B and Unit Testing methods
· Experience with data visualization
· Experience developing REST APIs
Read Full Job Description