Quality Engineer at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready to make a change?
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Perform hands-on and data-driven root cause analysis methodologies to drive process continual improvement.
- Execute and design electromechanical test methods and FMEAs to resolve non-conforming product issues.
- Validate and implement corrective & preventive actions to ensure system effectiveness.
- Support the business in establishing "best practice" in PCBA, EMS industries.
- Coordinate technical communication between suppliers and cross functional teams on quality issues found internally and externally, drive root cause analysis (RCA) and generate 8D reports to ensure product reliability and process traceability.
- Work closely with suppliers and hardware/software cross functional teams to develop robust processes, device test procedures, and improve PCBA manufacturing processes and product performance.
- Collaborate with design teams on developing corrective actions, design reviews, and test validation.
- Adapt Six Sigma methodologies and drive process improvement projects with data analysis, data visualization tools. (Oracle Splunk, SAP, MS Excel, Tableau, Minitab)
- Perform GR&R, and schedule measuring equipment maintenance and calibration services.
- Conduct supplier audits according to current ISO standards.
- Support, comply and ensure compliance with Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental standards and regulations, as well as other company policies and procedures.
- 15% Domestic and international travel will be required
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering. (Master's in Engineering preferred)
- Bachelor's not required with 10+ years of related experience
- 5 years applicable experience in printed circuit board assembly, high volume manufacturing industry, quality management system
- Six Sigma Green Belt. (ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.)
- Experience in supplier quality system audit and validation
- Ability to speak Mandarin in a business/manufacturing setting.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required