Quality Assurance Research Associate (Temporary) at Indigo
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The role of the Quality Assurance Research Associate is to ensure that Indigo seed applied microbial products meet established quality standards and expectations by performing microbial analytical procedures to characterize in-process and commercial microbial samples.
- Follow established QC processes and protocols to determine concentration and purity of microbial samples.
- Perform CFU plating, colony counting and associated lab duties.
- Conduct stability analysis on concept and final formulations and assess physical attributes of samples, including viscosity, density and moisture.
- Record QC data and results, and report to stakeholders.
- Execute on contamination preventive initiatives, using 5S methodology.
- Isolates DNA and runs PCR on microbial samples
- Maintain a clean and organized lab space
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biotechnology, or Microbiology with prior lab experience.
- Strong microbiology and associated microbial testing methodologies background, with applied experience in CFU plating
- Working knowledge of Quality Control procedures and processes, experience writing and following SOPs.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Organized and methodical.
- At least 2 years of Full-Time work experience in a laboratory setting performing microbiological analyses required
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.