Quality Assurance Engineer
CrunchTime! (www.crunchtime.com), the leading enterprise restaurant management platform, is experiencing record sales growth and is seeking new team members across the organization who share our passion for restaurants and technology.
Back in 1995, when we created the first web-based restaurant back office system, the cloud certainly wasn’t the buzzword it is today. Since then, the world's best brands representing tens of thousands of restaurants have chosen CrunchTime as their integrated back office solution and is now considered the industry gold-standard.
We're seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer. The ideal candidate has experience testing and/or troubleshooting software applications as well as building and enhancing automation frameworks. The successful candidate exhibits a high level of self-motivation and independence as well as the ability to work within a team environment. This individual will play a major role in expanding the current automated test suite.
* U.S. work authorization is required.
- Design test cases for business functionality that can be run as manual tests or implemented as automated tests.
- Design, develop, and execute manual and automated test suites. Familiarity with open source QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, and test design and execution is essential.
- Enhance and maintain existing test automation framework, supporting automated functional testing.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Participate fully in the SDLC process.
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience with troubleshooting and/or manual testing in Client/Server and browser-based environments
- Strong database skills with hands on SQL query writing and back end validation
- Good knowledge and experience in software testing methodology, test development, and test execution involving multiple types of testing (e.g. Functional, System, Integration, Regression, and Performance).
- Must have solid foundation with test automation concepts and methods including an understanding of black box, grey box and white box testing.
- Experience with Selenium/WebDriver automation framework
- Web applications troubleshooting using standard web development tools such as Firebug, WebDeveloper, etc.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to create clear, concise defect submissions
- Ability to troubleshoot software defects and identify the root cause
- Ability to work effectively with Development Engineers to get bugs documented and fixed
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in Java, TestNG, Maven testing framework
- Experience with performance test tools (JMeter, LoadRunner, etc)
- SVN (Subversion)
- Experience with ORACLE
- Experience with ERP applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science
Enjoy Excellent Benefits:
CrunchTime team members enjoy a competitive salary and access to a progressive benefits program which includes the following:
- Health and dental insurance and vision plan
- Disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for dependent and medical care
- Generous paid time off plan
- 401K plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational assistance for approved courses
- Commuter benefits, including parking reimbursement
- Friday lunch spread catered from Boston's top restaurants
- Bagel Tuesday's provided from Bruegger's
- Thirsty Thursday's featuring the best local craft brews and ales
- Stocked coffee from Starbucks, Caribou, Dunkin' Donuts, plus Bevi sparkling water
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Standing desk option
- Monthly local community volunteer programs