About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for testing numerous custom branded mobile and web applications for our Enterprise restaurant clients. These applications are used by millions of users dining at these restaurants. As part of our Agency team, you will ensure that features on a multitude of mobile applications for the iOS and Android platforms, and web applications on a variety of browsers, are working as expected. You will work in an amazingly collaborative cross-functional team to make sure we are shipping the best mobile and web apps possible. Although this role will primarily be a manual testing role, you will have an opportunity to help execute and maintain our automated testing suite to help maintain reliability of our applications. This role reports to the Senior QA Manager.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work collaboratively with Technical Brand Managers, Agency Product Managers, Agency Program Managers, and Agency Developers to test, discover, and log bugs.
- Utilize test case management tools to write and maintain test plans that are specific per app based on their feature set.
- Report, assign, regress and close bugs using our bug tracking software.
- Perform ad hoc, edge case and critical path testing.
- Manually test on mobile devices and desktop browsers to find bugs.
- Write automated tests and assist in building out an extensive suite of test automation.
- Ensure high quality of the mobile & web apps that we produce.
You Should Have
- 2-5 years of relevant QA experience (mobile, web, or a combination), with test automation a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Jira or other bug tracking tools preferred.
- Experience with Python or other coding languages is a plus.
- Creative Thinker, with the ability to come up with innovative new ideas
- Desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Continuous Improver, who speaks up and advocates for quality, while always paying attention to detail.
- Effective Communicator, in both verbal and written communication, with the ability to translate complex ideas to simple explanations.
- Collaborative Team Member, who is very effective with people, with active listening skills and ability to motivate enthusiasm
- Quick Learner, who is a versatile thinker, able to assimilate knowledge and understanding across different products, technologies, disciplines, etc.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.