QA Engineer II at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The QA Engineer designs, engineers and maintains a full suite of testing solutions and QA processes, supporting a fast paced Business Systems scrum team consisting of Salesforce admins, developers, and architects. This role acts as a subject matter expert for system health and QA best practices, contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Gather and analyze requirements from business teams and stakeholders to determine QA needs for all application change requests.
- Develop and execute test plans from requirements working in an Agile environment.
- Implement, improve, and maintain existing test suites for both the Developer and Administrator teams.
- Proactively bring issues (such as bugs or gaps in requirements) to the attention of the team, and propose and implement solutions to solve them.
- Partner closely with the development teams to replicate and resolve issues.
- Collaborate on a continuous integration pipeline for production level releases in Salesforce
- Lead periodic release regression test cycles and UAT events.
- Contribute to automated regression suite using Selenium.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Prior experience building and executing test plans on a complex software product within an Agile environment (manual testing required, automated preferred)
- Proven experience identifying, replicating, and communicating bugs to appropriate team, and collaborating on a resolution plan
- Skilled at working with product owners and other internal teams to refine requirements as needed
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
Bonus ingredients* (Preferred skills)
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com (highly preferred)
- Programming skills (Java, Python, SQL, etc...)
- Knowledgeable of Salesforce Version Control and Release tools (AutoRabit)
- Experience with version control tools (GitHub)
- Comfortable establishing integration tests for REST and SOAP APIs
- Experience with any of the following Enterprise Applications: Salesforce Billing, Netsuite, Workday, ServiceNow, RevPro
*Bread puns encouraged but not required