Print System Engineer
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x of innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
The Print System Engineering team tackles issues that impact customer print outcomes. Engineers on this team are faced with new challenges and problems to investigate and solve on a regular basis. If you like new and different challenges, this is the team for you.
This position is for the mechanical engineer who always thinks outside the mechanical realm and understands that our products are a complex system with user, software, electrical and dynamic components. This is not your typical design job with a small, detailed scope - it covers all parts of our product and your work is seen in every customer’s print. Are you ready to make a direct impact?
This position reports to the Director of Print System Engineering and is based in our Watertown, MA headquarters.
In this role, you will:
- Have a direct impact on improving our products and customer experience
- Work collaboratively with different teams to solve system issues
- Uncover the top issues impacting print satisfaction by examining data from Customer Solutions, Manufacturing and by polling other teams
- Create test methods and fixtures to determine the root cause of issues, and then perform the testing
- Design, prototype, and release mechanical solutions to existing products
- Work with Manufacturing to implement solutions at the assembly and production stages of existing products
- Diagnose and root cause returned warranty parts to expose trends and solve customer issues
- Collaborate with Customer Solutions to create and improve documentation
What we look for:
- A broad experience with systems that involve various mechanical, electrical and software components. Can you CAD? Build test fixtures of your own design? Make your own PCBs and circuits? Write Python scripts? If so, you’re on the right track.
- Experience with 3D parametric modeling software, SolidWorks preferred
- An open personality, ready and willing to openly engage with various team members
- Understanding of and personal experience with various manufacturing methods
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- A hands-on approach to solving problems
- An open-mind, willing to explore all possibilities and solutions
- A passion for solving problems
- An ability to quickly adapt and focus on new challenges
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description