Principal UI Engineer at MineralTree
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2020, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our awardwinning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We pride ourselves on our collaborative nature and always put the team above the individual. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
The Principal UI Engineer at MineralTree must be highly energetic and passionate about building intuitive, performant web applications. You are a thought leader in client-side technology and are able to guide teams to make thoughtful choices on how to leverage that technology to create a responsive user experience. You will have a proven ability to straddle both legacy tech (JSF) and our go-forward SPA (React) design. The Principal UI Engineer will work within a small scrum team to deliver the highest quality products in a timely manner.
- Develop robust, reliable and intuitive web interfaces that render well across multiple browsers
- Architect and implement reusable UI components
- Work closely and effectively in cross-functional scrum teams
- Elevate and mentor junior team members
- 7+ years of experience developing web applications
- 3+ years of experience with React
- 2+ years of experience with GraphQL
- 2+ years with Redux and Node.js
- Deep understanding of browser variations and tuning client-side performance issues
- Experience working with AWS is a strong plus
- Experience authoring E2E Functional Automation using Cypress or Selenium is a plus
- Ability to explain technical client-side concepts to members across the team
- Proven experience working in startups/fast moving teams
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Comfort with legacy tech such as JSF is a plus
- Full stack experience with JAVA service development is a plus
As a MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position and benefits such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.
MineralTree is an equal opportunity employer.